HP LaserJet 2840 – 123.hp.com/setup 2840
Steps for HP LaserJet 2840 Setup
Unboxing HP LaserJet 2840 printer
- Locate the Printer box on a rigid surface.
- Next, drag out the HP LaserJet 2840 printer from the printer box.
- Remove all the tapes and packing materials from the hp LaserJet 2840 printer.
- At the same time, remove the tapes from the printer components.
- Simultaneously, examine the paper tray and cartridge area for sealing tapes.
Connect Power Cord to the Printer
- Find the port at the rear side of the LaserJet 2840 printer.
- Now plug one end of the power cable to the rear side of the LaserJet 2840 printer.
- Consequently, plug the other end of the cable to the power socket.
- Then, turn on the printer, after a couple of minutes. Finally, carry out the HP Laserjet 2840 setup.
Ink cartridge and paper load
- Raise the cartridge access door of the LaserJet 2840 printer.
- Gently, insert the ink cartridges into its slot and close the cartridge access door.
- Next, open the paper tray, and load the bundle of papers.
- Align the papers and close the paper tray for 123.hp.com/lj2840 setup.
- Go through the manual for 123 HP LaserJet 2840 setup
HP LaserJet 2840 Driver installation
- Open the Chrome browser and navigate to HP official site.
- Type in the printer model name and tap enter.
- Now, choose the latest driver and click on download.
- Follow the screen instruction to accomplish the driver Installation.
- For further information, visit hp.com/lj2840.
Steps for HP LaserJet 2840 Driver install
HP LaserJet 2840 Driver Download for Window
- Initially, connect the HP Laserjet 2840 setup printer and other devices with an adequate range of power supply.
- Now, using the web page, search for printer drivers by obtaining the download option.
- On the driver setup page, click on the 123.hp.com/setup 2840 Driver and software option for getting the list of the driver.
- If in case the driver is not available, try to enter 123.hp.com/lj2840 manually on the search box.
- Run the download option on the same page for effective downloading on your system.
- With the given instruction start to install the HP LaserJet 2840 driver setup for quality printing.
HP LaserJet 2840 Driver Download for Mac
- Firstly, choose the stable power supply for the printing process.
- On the driver page, with the help of the web search option for achieving the list of driver setup name.
- Click on the Driver and software option on the driver setup page from the list of drivers available.
- Further, if the HP driver setup is not available, enter manually the keyword.
- Click on the download option to download the required driver setup on your Mac system.
- In the end, with the help of USB cables, try to install the 123.hp.com/lj2840 driver setup from the HP driver download to have easy accessibility.
Add an HP LaserJet 2840 printer to wireless
HP LaserJet 2840 Wireless Setup for Window
- To establish the LaserJet 2840 wireless connection on Windows, the user has to look in the printer’s home screen.
- Then visit the network option from the list of networks available.
- Change the wireless settings to get connected with the active wireless network.
- If needed the user has to bring close to the printer and the computer.
- Based on the requirement, change the 123.hp.com/lj2840 wireless network settings.
- After the successful establishment of the wireless network, continue to choose the file and take printouts from the HP Laserjet 2840 setup printer
HP LaserJet 2840 Wireless Setup for Mac
- For the HP LaserJet 2840 wireless setup on Mac, the user has to check the OS version to know which method is going to be suitable.
- Download and install the advanced HP LaserJet 2840 Printer software and hold a constant network connection.
- To have good compatibility, choose the Apple menu and click on it to choose the desired option from it.
- Know the required information about the router.
- Edit the network settings and then press the button on the router and wait for few seconds to establish the connection.
- After a successful connection, the computer is ready to take premium quality printing from 123.hp.com/lj2840.
HP LaserJet 2840 Wireless Mobile printing
HP LaserJet 2840 AirPrint
- This HP LaserJet 2840 AirPrint as approved set up especially for the Apple users for improvising the printing efficiencies with the simple setup through 123.hp.com/setup 2840 printer setup.
- The Apple AirPrint is a built-in wireless printing one-step solution for Apple mobile devices. This printing can be done from the iPhone, iPod, iPad, or any other device of Apple iOS.
HP LaserJet 2840 AirPrint
- EPrint is web enable network access only through which the printing is done simply via email for supreme quality printing according to the user’s choice from your 123 HP printer.
- Any kind of printing work can be sent from your PC, mobile device or online storage, as long as you can access for your printer’s email address and network connection of hp.com/lj2840.
HP LaserJet 2840 Cloud print
- Cloud print is the interlinking accessing source for the user having google cloud print account for receiving rich high- quality printing using HP Laserjet 2840 setup.
- Printing from any location to your Google Cloud Print- registered printer with the mobile device connected over 123.hp.com/lj2840.
HP LaserJet 2840 Mopria Print
- This HP LaserJet 2840 Mopria Print enables you to print over a wireless network or through a direct wireless connection to the printer.
- Go to Printing with Mopria Print Service (Android) to avail of this service.
- Printing photos, documents, images, emails from your Android device to your HP Laserjet 2840 setup printer connected over the internet.
Connect HP LaserJet 2840 using USB
HP LaserJet 2840 USB Setup for Window
- To start with, turn on the printer and have an adequate amount of power supply.
- On the search page click on Device and Printers on the control panel and disconnect all the other applications.
- Go to the hp laserjet 2840 setup page, enter the printer model, and follow the instruction to download HP LaserJet 2840 driver.
- Open the downloaded file to start the setup and choose USB when asked for the connection type.
- If the download fails, Go to Software and driver downloads, enter the printer model, and then confirm the OS is correct.
- If Get started page display, click Printer, type your printer model number, and click on Submit.
- If OS needs to change, click Change, select your version.
- Under the Driver option, click the Download button or click Basic Driver for other driver options.
- Now, select USB to continue and complete the 123 HP Laserjet 2840 setup.
HP LaserJet 2840 USB Setup for Mac
- To begin with, turn on the printer and have an adequate amount of power supply.
- On the search page click on Device and Printers on the control panel and disconnect all the other applications running on the computer.
- Go to the driver setup page, enter the 123.hp.com/setup 2840 printer model, and tap on Begin.
- Depending on printer and OS, the HP Easy start to install the full feature driver.
- If easy start fails, continue with the step to install HP LaserJet 2840 driver
- Go to Software and driver downloads, enter your printer model, and confirm the OS version.
- Under Driver- Product installation software, click on download next o HP Easy start.
- If prompted for connection type, select USB.
- In the install screen, make sure the HP scan is selected, if the printer has a scanner.
- If Add to the printer is asked, click the name of your printer and click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your 123.hp.com/lj2840 printer and click on Add.
HP LaserJet 2840 Networking and Ethernet Support
HP LaserJet 2840 Print from a mobile device
There is a technology that allows HP 123 2840 printer to print from the mobile device. You can use the printing function or any application to start the printing. But, choose the compatible HP LaserJet printer and the mobile device.
- On the same network, you should connect the printer and mobile device. Then, move on to the next step.
- Choose the desired photo or file from the location of the mobile device. Open the file from the mobile device.
- Reach the Settings option and hit the Print option. Through the wireless connection, the printer prints a little faster.
- The commonly used mobile printing solution is Google Cloud Print, Mopria Print, Apple AirPrint, and HP ePrint.
- HP ePrint app is useful for printing through the email address. HP LaserJet 2840 printer will have a unique email address.
- Send an email to the ePrint print and start the mobile printing from 123.hp.com/lj2840.
HP LaserJet 2840 Ethernet networking
Confirm that your computer has the HP LaserJet 2840 printer software. The HP LaserJet 2840 driver should align with the Operating system and printer. For different versions of Windows OS, we have Ethernet networking steps. Follow it properly for a successful connection establishment or check this hp laserjet 2840 problem fix page.
- Go to the Start screen and select your printer name.
- Find the Utility option and choose Printer Setup and Software.
- Finally, connect the USB to the 123.hp.com/lj2840 printer when prompted.
- From the Start screen, choose the All apps option.
- Then, choose the printer name and go to Utilities. Locate the Printer hp laserjet 2840 Setup and software.
- In the end, attach the USB to the printer’s rear end.
Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- From the desktop, choose the Start option.
- Search the All Programs and choose HP.
- Find the folder that has your printer name. And, Choose Printer hp laserjet 2840 Setup and Software and link the USB to the printer.
Look for the HP Utility under Applications or HP Settings. There change a software connection to the USB connection.
HP LaserJet 2840 FAQ
How do I change a 123.hp.com/lj2840 USB connection to wireless in HP Utility?
- If the printer is initially set up with the USB cable connection using the full feature of the HP driver or the smart app, you can convert to the wireless network connection any time you want.
Why can I not print black when the color cartridge is empty in HP LJ2840?
- If one or more color ink cartridges are low, to minimize the use of color ink can happen if you change the settings in the HP software to print with black ink only (grayscale). Even you change settings to print with black only. The other cartridges must still have ink in them.
Where I can find my IP address for HP LJ2840?
- Go to the Printer and fax option on the computer, then right-click on the printer’s name and select the properties. On the port tab scroll down the first column, where your IP address will be present.
How to connect via Wi-Fi direct for HP LJ2840?
- To connect, click on the Wireless direct option on the printer. Know the network name and the password.
- Now connect the mobile device to this wireless network.
- If the Wi-Fi network is off, turn on the connection.
How to manage factory reset settings for HP LJ2840?
- Firstly, turn off the device and take off the power cables. After a few minutes, reconnect them and turn on the system.
- Hold on the resume option, until the lights turn on, once the reset is complete.